SITE TABS - CLICK TO EXPLORE

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

L is for LOUNGE AROUND - in the back seat of my car.

☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

Welcome to Pearson Report.
I am participating in the 2015 A to Z Challenge.

Yes, I will be adhering to my THEME Calendar.


☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀




Having you wonderful bloggers stop by my K is for KINDNESS post and share your thoughts, and experiences, was the highlight of my day. Thank you! I smiled reading each of your comments. Your kindness was greatly appreciated. And so you know, those pork rib roasts ran a tight second tight, but still second to those great comments! (In case you were wondering, I did have seconds, after all, there were two roasts!)



OKAY… HERE WE GO…


Today, I’m going to share my weekly lunch date, in the back seat of my car. (No, no, it’s not what you think… but you go ahead, and think it anyway!)

This lunch date is on Fridays, at 11:30am. It’s a quickie… as we only have a half hour.

I bring food - we’re always ravenous. Being busy will do that.

We get right down to it - and before you know it I’m back behind my steering wheel driving home.

OKAY...

Let me fill in the details - for those of you that went way too south on this one.


Every Friday, at 11:30am I meet my daughter, Miss CP, for lunch, outside her office. We sit in the back seat of my car - it has a nifty pull down table with cup holders. Too cool!

We both go without breakfast because we are so excited about lunch. 

Hence, being ravenous! (and you were thinking… what?

It’s our chance to have some quality mother/daughter time. We catch up on our lives and what’s going on in our Animal Crossing New Leaf worlds. We’re addicts! 

My AC world is based on Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. Miss CP’s is fashioned after the movie TRON - she even has Flynn as a character!

BUT… (yes the Big But)

The best lunch we ever have is our KETCHUP FRIES and nuggets from Mickey D’s. 

What are KETCHUP FRIES I hear you asking?

Well… if I share this, you’ll have to sign a confidentiality agreement never to tell anyone about this. Once you try this you’ll be part of our inner circle. A very exclusive inner circle, since at present it’s only me and Miss CP.

Hmm… maybe I shouldn’t share it after all…

OKAY, you’ve convinced me, those puppy dog eyes will do it every time.

You go to McDonalds and buy 2 large fries. You ask for 2 large paper bags, and 2 forks. You put one bag inside the other. Then you dump the 2 large fries into the doubled up bag. Are you with me so far?

Next, you go to the ketchup dispenser, and pump a ton of ketchup into the bag, directly if possible. (Yes, a ton!)

In Canada, McD shortened the pump neck so I can’t get the bag under it. But, that did not foil my success. I pumped ketchup into those little mini paper cups and after a billion of them I was done. (Yes, a billion!)

Then, even though the fries are already salted, you add one more pack of salt - sprinkled on top of the mound of ketchup. 

If you’ve done this right - you DO NOT see fries at this point.

Next, you fold over the double bag about 3 times. Then you shake, firmly, for quite a few good shakes. A little this way, a little that way, a little upside down. You know… a good shaking.

Now you need to rip the top part of the bag off, at least the top third. It will be soft anyway from all the ketchup.

Okay… now you can dig in… OMG - you’ve died and gone to KETCHUP FRIES heaven. If you love fries, and you love ketchup then you have to try this.

Miss CP and I have been doing this since she was knee high to a grasshopper - it’s been our go to treat for all kinds of things… skinned knees to excitement about new job prospects, and everything in between.

Ketchup Fries are an occasional treat on my weekly lunch date with Miss CP. We LOUNGE AROUND in the back seat of my car having a good catch up! (Oh, I just couldn’t resist.)


What do you do when you’re lounging around?


Cheers, Jenny

A special shout out to Arlee Bird, from Tossing It Out. He’s the Founder and Creator of the  April Blogging from A to Z Challenge, As well as being a blogging friend, he is a great motivator and an inspiring leader. Thanks Lee - you rock!

12 comments:

  1. OH, so many things! As I am an expert lounger. Sometimes by a fire in the yard, sometimes in the pool on a starry night, sometimes around the kitchen table, sometimes on the couch. The part that makes the lounge is good company and a good beverage or food to snack on. Love the way you and your daughter have worked out your own special time together!
    Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a neat trick indeed. Maybe you'll create a phenomenon with ketchup fries. Hmm, but you say our mind is in the gutter, going a little this way, a little that way, quickies, geez, is that what happens the other 4 days of the week? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, Jenny, pork roast should always be first, I'm disappointed in you...;) thanks for the shout out! Anyways, I'm dying. This was too funny. Sexual jokes aside, what great mother/daughter bonding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try not to eat in my vehicle, but I do it sometimes when I'm traveling and want to keep on moving while I eat.

    I think I'l pass on the ketchup fries. I'm kind of a purist so usually I'll just have my fries with salt and maybe an occasional light dab of ketchup. Ideally I'd prefer my fries with salt and vinegar, but I don't think McD's has vinegar packs. I've never asked.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out


    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun interactive post! Enjoy reading every single line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, you've done it now. I'm on my way to the doctor to get my results for cholesterol, bp, etc. If the results are good, I may have to celebrate with a visit to Mickey D's. If they are not favorable, I will come home and eat lettuce! Lol. Your back seat adventure sounds pretty cool. Not at all like the back seat adventures I've had but that's another story in itself..hahaha. Hugs my friend XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do I do? That's thinker. It must involve the comfy clothes. And slippers so my toes don't freeze. And cocoa or tea. I guess I try not to think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup my mind went right to the toilet:) Nowadays though my hubby and I would be saying "Ouch" "no" Ouch" and then give up:) I love the tradition you have. Those ketchup fries sound great but every person who exercises and think fatty is a lettuce leaf may not like that food. I love fries and ketchup and also fries with salt and vinegar-yum

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it with the ketchup fries. I always think McDonald's has the best fries of all the fast food places, so I can see why these fries would rock! I think its a sweet tradition you have established with your daughter that you continue to this day! Great bonding to get together in the back of the car for a lunch! I like to lounge around on the couch (how original :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenny - jumping up and down before my lounging around, trying to make ketchup fries just so so right .. fun post .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shaken not stirred. Love that you girls have your thang. Super fun stuff.

    Back when we had two cars I'd meet Tim for lunch in the parking lot. No blood fries but always super fun.

    Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know how special those mother/daughter lunches are! So happy that the two of you have a tradition! Made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.