SITE TABS - CLICK TO EXPLORE

Friday, April 17, 2015

O is for OFF SOMEONE - winner takes all - it's the rule!

☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

Welcome to Pearson Report.
I am participating in the 2015 A to Z Challenge.

Yes, I will be adhering to my THEME Calendar.

☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀


COMMENT SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

I went and added replies to all your comments for G, H, I, J, K. 

I cannot believe what a marathon task that was! 4.3 hours… yes, I ran the Boston 'Comment Reply' Marathon, just for you.

And, it looks like I’ll be doing it again tomorrow for L, M, N and O. Just so we’re all on the same page - I don’t show that much love to anybody, EVER, so consider yourselves SPECIAL!


EPIC RECOGNITION - THIS IS IT.

The moment you’ve all been waiting for, well, all 16 of you that left answers to...

What is the one thing you own that NO ONE WILL USE?

AND THE WINNER IS…. drum roll please…

Barbara in Caneyhead… isn’t her avatar adorable!

Click on the pic to go visit Barbara!
Click or zoom in - you won't want to miss the last 2 sentences.
They cracked me up! 

A little footnote before I get into today’s offerings… 

I debated how to draw for this. I took 16 pennies, and defaced them using a red felt marker. I numbered them from, you guessed it, 1 to 16. I threw them into a wee sugar bowl, minus the sugar. Gently tossed them around (okay, I was a little aggressive) and picked one. It was number 14.

I gave each comment a number like this... First comment - #1, and so on.

But, I just want to say this. Before I did this draw, I read all the comments for the first time as a group and I truly laughed out loud when I read Barbara's last two sentences. 

That said, I found all the comments interesting and really quite revealing about things we keep, or have around us, and what they mean to us, even if NO ONE WILL USE them - ever!

Thanks for sharing in yesterday’s fun. Now, please go and give Barbara a little blog loving. Congratulations Barbara in Caneyhead.

☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀


Now… onto today’s event, shall we?


OKAY… HERE WE GO…


Today I’m sharing a short story about life!

* * * 

It did not surprise her, nothing did anymore. She had seen it coming, the look in the eyes though, now that was a surprise; they had glistened like still water on a moonlit night.

There was no hesitation.

She did not flinch.

The blade was long and sharp but what intrigued her was its warmth; she wondered if the friction of penetration warmed the metal. 

It had missed bone and avoided the main blood lines. Still, it would not take long; at most she had a few good breaths left.

A single tear fell and trickled down her neck; it was not hers. What fluid still coursed through her would not be wasted on crying; not in this lifetime at least.

She spared a breath to exhale and clear her mind; with the next she managed to turn up the corners of her mouth, and through her smile she let out her last breath and final words, “Good game.” 

It was over.

Winner takes all; off someone or lose, those are the rules. 

* * *  

Somedays it’s all in the offing. Telling or doing, both have power.


Have you ever wanted to OFF SOMEONE? (Verbally or otherwise? Come on, you know you have!)


Cheers, Jenny

A special shout out to Arlee Bird, from Tossing It Out. He’s the Founder and Creator of the  April Blogging from A to Z Challenge, As well as being a blogging friend, he is a great motivator and an inspiring leader. Thanks Lee - you rock!

10 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. Felt like I. Was right there watching. Half praying that someone would come in and save her. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! That is sexy, scary and sadistic. I guess I should have saved this comment for the letter S.

    Bushman
    2015 A to Z Challenge Ambassador
    @jwb81074

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really don't want to ask me this. There have been many times I've thought of using a well placed blow from my cast iron skillet on one insufferable man. I could never use a knife on anyone....too up close and personal. Too bloody. Yuck

    I am so extremely excited to have won epic recognition! I don't often win anything

    .Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freud would have a field day with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggle not to kill people in my fiction! I'm a lot more restrained in real life - so far, I haven't offed anyone :-)

    Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't off just distance myself from them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Barbara and lover her comment. You did allot of commenting! Oh I have told more than a couple of people off in my life time and there is one person that I would dream about dying. He has died, many years ago and good riddance

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Barbara!! Oh my with the story! I would told people off (mainly in my head) but I have never offed anywhere :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. That truly was some story. But I'm not surprised as you know I love your writing! Seriously, I don't think I've ever in my life wanted to off someone. Maybe I've been lucky to not have had anyone in my life that I could hate that much? Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Barbara up there. I still have my grandma's old heavy cast iron skillets

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.