SITE TABS - CLICK TO EXPLORE

Saturday, April 18, 2015

P is for PLUCK A HAIR - no! You don't mean that!

☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

Welcome to Pearson Report.
I am participating in the 2015 A to Z Challenge.

Yes, I will be adhering to my THEME Calendar.


☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀


Well, in light of yesterday’s question: Have you ever wanted to OFF SOMEONE? I am very excited to read, in your comments, that I won't be the only one the authorities will question when “someone” goes missing! 


OKAY… HERE WE GO…


Today I will be informing you on the correct way to ask about getting your eyebrows shaped.

Yes, there is a correct way.

Trust me - I should know, I am an authority on all things related to eyebrow shaping.

Some hairy browed humans will ask to have their eyebrows PLUCKED!

OMG - yes, it’s sad, but true.

To which I raise one of my beautifully shaped brows, in that look that says "you can't be serious" and say...

“YOU PLUCK A CHICKEN, NOT A HAIR.”

Source

The correct way of asking your highly trained, super smart, very efficient, ultra talented esthetician (that would be me) about getting your eyebrows groomed, would be like this…

Can you TWEEZE my brows, please?

Note the please… very important!

As is the TWEEZE bit.


We TWEEZE our brows.  We PLUCK our chickens.

It’s all in how we say things… and in the world of beauty we never PLUCK A HAIR, we TWEEZE!

Will you PLUCK A HAIR that has gone rogue? (like that menopausal beard stubble)

Or, do you TWEEZE that annoying little hormonal hair from hell?  

Pick wisely. We are defined by our choices in life.



Cheers, Jenny


A special shout out to Arlee Bird, from Tossing It Out. He’s the Founder and Creator of the  April Blogging from A to Z Challenge, As well as being a blogging friend, he is a great motivator and an inspiring leader. Thanks Lee - you rock!  

17 comments:

  1. As a uni-brower from way back when I do not tweeze or pluck. I graze a razor over it from time to time. The other way is too painful. You women are masochists and I think you might be a sadist Pearson. LOL
    Al might want to make an appt with you so you can tweeze his ear hair.

    Bushman
    2015 A to Z Challenge Ambassador
    @jwb81074


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've dealt with many a unibrowed male (do several backs as well) and men don't have the same pain threshold as we masochistic (some might say sadistic) womenfolk.

      Al's been having nose hair issues - might have to deal with that first before I tackle his ears! LOL

      Delete
  2. I am giggling too much to do either right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll giggle with you, Andrea! In my thirty years of business I have gotten a chuckle every time a new client calls and wants her brows plucked! It's cute, but I do have to straighten them out… both, brows and choice of word! hahaha

      Delete
  3. I shall never tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A woman after my own heart - ask me no questions I'll tell you no lies. LOL

      Delete
  4. Soooo....any guidance on nose hairs?
    I'm asking...for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This friend, would he be a Haiku nut by any chance. I have a special going on for Haiku-ers. Not to be mistaken with Hikers, or Hackers… though I have a really good deal for them. The screaming-hot wax dip - full torso!

      And here I thought it would be ear hair - seems Bushman got it wrong! LOL

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:17 am

    What about those brow peeps in the malls? They used string or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stringing originated in India - there're lots of woman that do it, and lots that have it done. I only wax, or tweeze - and if a chicken comes in - I pluck! LOL

      Delete
  6. Whether I tweeze or pluck, I always end up in tears when it comes to eyebrow removal! I choose to caress away my stray brows :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never had my brows done and I don't have a unibrow thankfully. I never realized to use the word tweeze but it makes sense especially with the hairs that decide to grow from my chin-dang nabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL; I so enjoyed reading this; I hadn't thought before of plucking or tweezing; but I do have a hair I need to tweeze on my chin :) The joys of aging :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a recurrent wild hair that is in a spot very hard for me to see in the bathroom mirror. So, if you'd like to know how to totally gross out a 15 year old girl, ask her to tweeze your old lady wild hair away.
    Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:17 pm

    I plucked, I mean tweezed, my first grey eyebrow hair last week. I was quite sad. But, hey, it's part of being in my 40's right? I already tweeze a rouge hair on my chin every month Ugh, being a chick stinks sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was talking to Hubby about that this weekend. I pulled one out when I was young after seeing my big sister do it and that hurt so I never did it again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The more I read your blog the more I learn about our similarities. It's almost scary. Did you know that I owned and ran a day spa? I did facials, waxing, nails and pedicures. What a small world. I "plucked" my eyebrows so much in the 70's that they never grew back in properly. I then had to have them tattooed in which has since faded 90% away and I will not pay for more tattooing on them, so I am one with the pencil..ugh! And as for menopause and chin hairs...I want to scream at how fast they grow. I swear I'm part witch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.