SITE TABS - CLICK TO EXPLORE

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

R is for RUN UP A TAB - on someone else's bill.

☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

Welcome to Pearson Report.
I am participating in the 2015 A to Z Challenge.

Yes, I will be adhering to my THEME Calendar.

☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀



Okay, so QUARRELLING is something we can all agree gets done, with or without success. I loved all your comments. I’ll leave that as a stand alone sentence, and will add this… I really laughed at Annalisa Crawford’s comment - I only thought cats went after the furniture!

Here's her comment, so you don't have to go looking for it (Damn, I'm thoughtful.



Curious minds want to know… Is he a little dog, a catdog (like a catfish) or is he just totally unruly because, well, I hate to ask, but is it because you're not good at disciplining your dog? LOL Just wondering, that's all!! (Miss Lucyfur used to eat my wood mouldings.)


OKAY… HERE WE GO…


Today I'm going to talk to you about enjoying a FREE DAY!

Back on Feb 27, my daughter, and her man, took me up to Seasons in the Park Restaurant, atop Queen Elizabeth Park, for a birthday lunch.

GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT - no, not the kids, THE MEAL, THE SERVICE, THE AMBIENCE - EVERYTHING SUCKED!

Now… let me share with you a little something about me - I don’t take it lying down - really - I do battle standing! That’s a fact.

I found the manager and gave him a sliver of my mind. (Must be careful, not much left.) This resulted in me receiving, in the mail, a $50 gift card and a “we’ll do better next time” apology.

NO - THEY DID NOT DO BETTER!

My friend Jane and I have frequented this restaurant a lot in the past so I thought what better way to sever my dining relationship from this sinking ship than going out with a drinking-buddy bang!

We had two Caesars, hers with Tequila, mine Vodka, with spiced beans. We ordered, and shared, two appetizers - Stuffed Mushroom Caps (crab/cream cheese - which I promptly wrote as crap/cream cheez - so, yeah… my mind was elsewhere) and Calamari - more chew bits than yummy tentacles. 

We parked below the restaurant, as it was a glorious day, and leisurely walked to it while enjoying the sights - we enjoyed the long way back to our cars.

All in all - the best part was what Mother Nature provided.

See for yourselves…

The walk up to the small quarry.
The Bloedel Conservatory.
Tami Thiriwell - a watercolour artist.
She's quite talented - her blog has stunning watercolours!
I purchased the two small paintings she's holding.
View from the restaurant - I'll miss this, but it's free outside the restaurant!

The rest of the photos are as we made our way down into the Large Quarry, and back to our cars… truly a stunning day.













I didn’t think it would be so easy to RUN UP A TAB, on someone else’s bill - but I was wrong. It was damn easy! 

The bill and tip were covered by the gift card. The parking was free, and Mother Nature has yet to ask for my Visa!

That how you enjoy a free day, at someone else’s expense! 

So… to the question - I know you like the questions, right… come on, you do!

If you could RUN UP A TAB, what would you buy at someone else’s expense? (ohhh, that’s a juicy one, eh!)


Cheers, Jenny

A special shout out to Arlee Bird, from Tossing It Out. He’s the Founder and Creator of the  April Blogging from A to Z Challenge, As well as being a blogging friend, he is a great motivator and an inspiring leader. Thanks Lee - you rock!

11 comments:

  1. Nice scenery, shame about the restaurant!

    And trust me, our dogs try to eat EVERYTHING. You just have to take it off them. Yesterday, my wife left our bathroom door open and the puppy devoured my daughter's favourite Olaf from Frozen bath sponge into tiny pieces. Those were picked up in double quick time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny - I'd call that a very good day - but what a nuisance to find the restaurant is off ... at least you had the $50 ... what a fantastic place though .. gorgeous grounds and views .. love it ... well I had a run in with the Champagne Bar in London - and got nothing ... yet they upset my goddaughter megabucks .. and that upset me - then said I'd had a good idea .. but that was it .. oh well .. can't say I'll visit them again and definitely not very often!!

    But I loved your photos .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous park! I'd forget all about the restaurant and bring a picnic lunch with me the next time out. Why go indoors when all that beauty abounds?

    If I could run up someone else's tab: I'd get all the materials we need to fix our new home. In total we need 10,000. We have 1,000. That ten might as well be one million without outside help.

    Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the picture of the bench :) Shame that the second experience at the restaurant wasn't worthy, at least thankfully it was on their tab. Might be good to write a REVIEW so that others know about the place :) (I've started doing that, writing reviews and reading them and if the same thing appears on lots of reviews, you know it could be a problem at the restaurant, like slow staff, etc.).

    I think I would buy groceries on someone else's tab :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's see...
    I need new glasses, someone to fix my house or build a new one, new bath towels, my credit cards and truck paid off. medical bills paid, groceries, seeds and plants for the garden.
    Ya know, nothing much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, the pictures are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scenery is stunning and I love that it was the 2 of you, 2 turtles and 2 gulls. I am thinking they need a new chef! Maybe they need that Chef from Hell guy to clean up the act. If you are talking restaurants-I would order some very fancy drinks and try many appetizers...and then more fancy drinks

    ReplyDelete
  8. First I would fly to NYC first class. Then, I would check into the Waldorf Astoria n NYC for a week. Order room service for every meal. A bottle of bubbly too. Then I'd have in room spa services. After the week is up I'd go and check into the Plaza Hotel and do the exact same thing. I'd do all this on Bruce's tab and that might put a dent into the $$ he got out of me over the course of 7 years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful gardens!

    In answer to your doggie questions: he's a big dog (a New Zealand Huntaway) and only 14 months old. He's a lot better now, but he does like chewing everything. When we first got him, we couldn't even give him a soft bed to sleep on because he would have eaten it over night. He particularly likes gloves, shoes, cushions and socks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. :-)

    PS: Smiles are my way of +1 a non-g+ account.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for dropping in and sharing your fun comments on what you would do if you could RUN UP A TAB on someone else's bill - the cool thing I noted was you all picked sensible, practical things. Good calls!

    Cheers, Jenny Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.