SITE TABS - CLICK TO EXPLORE

Monday, April 20, 2015

Q is for QUARREL - if success is on the line - don't!


☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

Welcome to Pearson Report.
I am participating in the 2015 A to Z Challenge.

Yes, I will be adhering to my THEME Calendar.

☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀


So… any serious tweezing going on over the weekend? Or were you all just too pluckered out! LOL (That isn’t even all that funny, and still I laughed.

In light of my PLUCK A HAIR post I should add… I don’t just tweeze brows, I wax them too. Yes, hot wax, Bushman, that should take care of your unibrow, no problemo! LOL (Yet again, I laughed… could be the wine, or the beer I had before the wine… or the beer before the beer… oh, who’s counting. Well, apparently I am!)


OKAY… HERE WE GO…


Today I will talk to you about seeding success.

Yesterday I decided to play in the dirt. 

I shovelled it, raked it, watered it, seeded it. After that I shovelled more, raked more, added more seed, and watered some more.

Then, I needed to figure out how to stomp it all down. I wished I had one of these big drum rollers - but I DID NOT. 

If only I had this seed roller, and this dude in the green overalls - he looks like he knows what he's doing. (And, just so you know, I went to the website, where I got this photo, and realized I did everything wrong. Ha… I laugh in the face of the green grass-rolling goblin!)

Source
So here’s what I did, according to the Pearson Report Seeding Success Manual. These pictures are worth at least several hundred words each.

I found a used piece of plywood 22"W x 15"H
Initially I bent down to turn it over… well, that lasted about 1 minute.
This is a mini rake - about 4' tall. I pushed the tines under the board.
And flipped the board over.
When it was flat I jumped on it - voila, instant stomping!
Pretty Clever - if I do say so myself!
You cannot QUARREL with this kind of success! 
The view of it from my front porch - truly amazing what I was
able to accomplish without green overalls and a roller!
On top of all that, I even managed to plant my flower garden…
all of it!  LOL
This is what the mound of dirt looked like - taken months ago.

The moral of this story… don’t QUARREL with success.

I went inside, and had those beers etc… while typing this I made a million typos. Thank god for that backspace button, eh!

I tried white out, but the screen went all weird (typed wierd - weird, eh!)

So…

The question then begs…

What was your last QUARREL about? 
(Leftovers or dinner reservations, plucking or tweezing, wine or beer, beer or beer, themes or winging it. And just so you know… I’m sticking to my theme AND still winging it, ha, so there, quarrel with that!) 


Cheers, Jenny

A special shout out to Arlee Bird, from Tossing It Out. He’s the Founder and Creator of the  April Blogging from A to Z Challenge, As well as being a blogging friend, he is a great motivator and an inspiring leader. Thanks Lee - you rock!  

10 comments:

  1. Gosh you were busy this weekend!! I'm absolutely useless in the garden unless I'm relaxing in my hammock with a nice glass of wine... then I'm still useless, but at least I'm happy! My last quarrel was just a little one and was about money...they say most couples quarrel most about money or / and sex, right? lol! Great post, Jenny!
    Suzy Turner: Author, Yogi Wannabe & Self-Help Geek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzy - welcome to Pearson Report.

      There's nothing useless about being in a hammock, with a nice glass of wine - in fact not falling out is work! :)
      Money is the root of all evil, and quarrelling over it turns us into the devil! LOL

      Oh, and I should mention, I'm useless in the garden too - but that pile of dirt was starting to drive me mad - so it was either me go mad, or me deal with the dirt. After about 4 hours I had a year's worth of "playing" - your hammock sounded quite appealing, might have to look into one.

      Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're enjoying this A to Z Challenge.
      Cheers, Jenny :) :)

      Delete
  2. Necessity is the mother of invention, they say. And you've proved it!

    Quarrel... I'm not sure when my last one was. Probably with the dog, when he tried to eat a cushion for the tenth time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was a lot of hard work! I bet you slept good last night! I bet it also felt good to be outside enjoying spring weather :) (and I bet the beers tasted good too).

    LOL with our last quarrel, it was about what to price the house we are going to be selling in a little bit; it was a silly quarrel and I have to say I was in the wrong on this one :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't know. It's not wise to say things to the Mr. I always end up feeling like poo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was awesome work, better than what I would have done! I wish we had grass green like yours. Ours is green but not as bright as yours :(. Hubby and I quarreled the other day but I can't remember about what..it was THAT important :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You done good Jenny!! lol. As for the last quarrel, that's easy. A man who is diabetic and does not watch his starch/sugar intake lives in my house. I picked on him for it and a quarrel ensued. Of course he is the loser because his body will seek revenge on him in the long run!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should have used new plywood. It would have been easier. LMAO!
    Good seed to soil contact is a must. I give you credit for going the extra 22"x15" to do a good job. Now I want to see it grow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right now I have a quarrel with our one pussy cat who likes to go under the computer desk and play with the wires! I just shooshed her out and patted her butt:) My hubby was in the front garden this weekend doing his wonder works

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good thing you didn't get board.
    Oh, my, that was lame.
    Hey, it's been a tough week. And it's only Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.